The Beaverhead Watershed Committee will conduct its regular meeting on Wednesday, January 9, 2008 at 6:30 pm at the Search and Rescue Building in Dillon (behind the National Guard Armory).
Agenda highlights for the January meeting will include:
- Dick Oswald, Area Fisheries Management Biologist will present the results of the 2007 fishery monitoring program for the Beaverhead River and Clark Canyon Reservoir.
- Representatives of the Montana Bureau of Mines and Geology will discuss plans for their investigation into the hydrology of the Beaverhead basin. The investigation is being conducted through a grant from the U. S. Bureau of Reclamation.
- Representatives of the U. S. Bureau of Reclamation will discuss progress and plans for coordination of their Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks for the Beaverhead River and Clark Canyon Reservoir.
The Beaverhead Watershed Committee was recently awarded a U. S. Bureau of Reclamation grant for administration of that MOU. The function of the BWC will be to coordinate a local, citizen-based approach to maintaining public awareness and continuous improvement in Beaverhead riparian health.
Also on the agenda will be:
- Discussion of future activities under the USBOR grant
- Current grant and project status reports including a discussion of plans for the Spring Creek restoration project in Madison County.
The Beaverhead Watershed Committee continues to seek good projects for 2008 and beyond. Individuals or groups with improvement ideas are encouraged to bring them to the attention of the Committee.
The public is invited.
Questions, please call Nick Hoyrup (683-2713)